The demand for powerful and efficient audio amplifiers for various applications has been increasing steadily. One such amplifier design is the 1000W amplifier circuit using C3858 & A1494 transistors, which utilizes advanced transistor technology to deliver an impressive output power. In this article, we will discuss the circuit diagram of a 1000W amplifier that incorporates 5 pairs of 2SC3858 and 2SA1494 Sanken transistors in the output section, along with 2SC5200, 2SA1943, MJE350, MJE340, and BC546 transistors in the driver and preamplifier sections.
Specification of Transistors:
- 2SC3858: The 2SC3858 is a high-power, NPN bipolar junction transistor commonly used in audio amplifier applications. Its maximum collector current is 12A, and it has a power dissipation of 150W. The transistor exhibits low saturation voltage and excellent linearity, making it suitable for high-power amplification.
- 2SA1494: The 2SA1494 is a complementary PNP transistor that complements the 2SC3858. It shares similar specifications, such as a maximum collector current of 12A and a power dissipation of 150W. The 2SA1494 transistor also features low saturation voltage and excellent linearity.
- 2SC5200: The 2SC5200 is an NPN transistor with a maximum collector current of 15A and a power dissipation of 150W. It offers high gain, low distortion, and excellent linearity, making it suitable for audio amplifier applications.
- 2SA1943: The 2SA1943 is a PNP transistor that complements the 2SC5200. It has similar specifications, including a maximum collector current of 15A and a power dissipation of 150W. The 2SA1943 transistor exhibits high gain, low distortion, and excellent linearity.
- MJE350: The MJE350 is a high-voltage, NPN transistor commonly used in driver stages of audio amplifiers. It has a maximum collector current of 0.5A and a power dissipation of 1.25W. The MJE350 transistor offers high gain and excellent switching characteristics.
- MJE340: The MJE340 is a complementary PNP transistor that complements the MJE350. It shares similar specifications, including a maximum collector current of 0.5A and a power dissipation of 1.25W. The MJE340 transistor exhibits high gain and excellent switching characteristics.
- BC546: The BC546 is a general-purpose NPN transistor that is commonly used in low-power amplifier and switching applications. It has a maximum collector current of 0.1A and a power dissipation of 0.5W. The BC546 transistor offers low noise characteristics and excellent voltage gain.
1000W Amplifier Circuit Diagram using C3858 & A1494 Transistors
This project can be built using a few basic components. The circuit diagram of this project is shown below.
Caution: Website contains information on high voltage circuits. Proceed at your own risk, ensuring proper knowledge and precautionary measures to prevent electric shock or injury.
More Circuit Layouts
Components List of 1000W Amplifier Circuit using C3858 & A1494
Following is the list of all components used in this project:
- 2SC3858 Transistor x 5
- 2SA1494 Transistor x 5
- 2SC5200 Transistor x 1
- 2SA1943 Transistor x 1
- MJE350 Transistor x 2
- MJE340 Transistor x 3
- BC546 Transistor x 4
- BD681 Transistor x 1
- 15V Zener Diode x 1
- 18V Zener Diode x 1
- ±70V DC Power Supply
Explanation of 1000W Amplifier Circuit using C3858 & A1494
The 1000W amplifier circuit using C3858 & A1494 is designed to provide high-quality audio amplification with a power output of 1000W. The heart of this amplifier is the output section, which utilizes 5 pairs of 2SC3858 and 2SA1494 Sanken transistors. These transistors are known for their high power handling capabilities and exceptional thermal stability, making them ideal for high-power audio amplification.
The driver and preamplifier sections of the circuit employ a combination of transistors, including 2SC5200, 2SA1943, MJE350, MJE340, BD681 and BC546. These transistors play a crucial role in amplifying the audio signal and driving the output transistors efficiently. The choice of these transistors is based on their suitability for high-power applications, low distortion characteristics, and excellent linearity.
The 1000W amplifier circuit using C3858 & A1494 described in this article utilizes a combination of high-power output transistors, including 2SC3858 and 2SA1494, and driver and preamplifier transistors, such as 2SC5200, 2SA1943, MJE350, MJE340, and BC546. This circuit design ensures efficient amplification and high-quality audio output. By employing transistors with excellent power handling capabilities, low distortion, and high linearity, this amplifier circuit meets the demanding requirements of high-power audio amplification applications.
More projects, You may like:
- Video Transmitter DIY Homemade FM Radio Transmitter
- Adjustable Power Supply DIY Battery Charger
- 12V-220V 500 Watt inverter DIY Homemade
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller DIY Homemade
- DIY LA4440 bass amplifier homemade
For more project and circuit diagrams, you can go through the Schematics in the main menu where you can find many interesting projects and circuit diagrams like audio amplifier circuits, voltage booster circuit, battery charger circuit and timer circuits etc., which are all beginner circuit projects. Feel free to check them out!
Thank you for visiting the article.