If you’re looking to build a power amplifier, the TDA2040 Integrated Circuit (IC) is a great option to consider. It’s easy to use and produces high-quality sound output that’s perfect for small- to medium-sized speaker systems. In this article, we’ll cover the basics of the TDA2040 IC and how to build a 25W TDA2040 Power Amplifier using a single supply.
What is the TDA2040 IC Power Amplifier?
The TDA2040 is a monolithic Integrated Circuit that is designed to operate as a low distortion Class AB audio amplifier. It is capable of delivering an output power of up to 25W RMS into an 8-ohm load at a distortion level of 0.5% and can operate in a range from +/- 14 V to +/- 28V DC (dual supply) or from 28V to 45V DC (single supply).
The TDA2040 is a popular choice for hobbyists and DIY enthusiasts who want to build their own amplifiers as it is easy to use, reliable, and relatively inexpensive.
of TDA2040 Power Amplifier 25W
Following is the circuit diagram of 25w single supply power amplifier, which will guide you to build the project easily.
The circuit diagram of TDA2040 IC Power Amplifier 25W using Single Supply consists of a few components including the TDA2040 amplifier IC, resistors, capacitors, and a power supply.
The TDA2040 is a class AB mono audio amplifier IC that can deliver up to 25 watts of output power into an 8 ohm load. It operates on a single supply voltage ranging from 8V to 28V DC. The amplifier consists of two input pins, two output pins, and two power supply pins.
The circuit uses a single supply voltage of 12V DC provided by an external power supply. The supply voltage is connected to the positive and negative power supply pins of the IC.
More Circuit Layouts
PCB & Layout
What are the benefits of using a single supply for the TDA2040 amplifier?
The TDA2040 IC Power Amplifier is normally used in stereo or bridge configurations with dual power supplies. However, it can also be used to build a single supply amplifier. There are several benefits to using a single supply for the TDA2040 amplifier:
- Simplicity: A single supply amplifier is much simpler to build than a dual supply amplifier, as it requires only one power source.
- Cost-effective: A single supply amplifier requires less components than a dual supply amplifier, which makes it more cost-effective.
- Portability: A single supply amplifier is more portable than a dual supply amplifier as it requires only one power source.
The TDA2040 IC Power Amplifier is a great option for building a high-quality power amplifier for small- to medium-sized speaker systems. By building a single supply amplifier, you can save time, money, and effort while still getting great-sounding audio output.
Overall, the circuit diagram of TDA2040 IC Power Amplifier 25W using Single Supply is a simple and effective design for low-power audio applications that require a single power supply.
More projects, You may like:
- Video Transmitter DIY Homemade FM Radio Transmitter
- Adjustable Power Supply DIY Battery Charger
- 12V-220V 500 Watt inverter DIY Homemade
- 12V-220V H-Bridge Inverter DIY Homemade
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller DIY Homemade
- 18650 battery bank free charge protection module
- D718 B688 Bass Amplifier Homemade DIY
- C5200 Bass Amplifier DIY Homemade with Volume
- DIY LA4440 bass amplifier homemade
- C5200 A1943 TDA2030 Amplifier DIY Homemade