Power amplifiers are designed to provide high audio output power to loudspeakers. The TDA7295, an integrated circuit (IC), is one of the most popular power amplifiers used in audio applications due to its impressive performance and reasonable cost. The TDA7295 power amplifier originated from the STMicroelectronics semiconductor manufacturer. It’s a Class AB audio amplifier IC that can deliver up to 80 Watts into a 4-Ohm speaker load and 50 Watts into an 8-Ohm speaker load. The IC has a wide operating voltage range of 6V to 40V, making this device an ideal choice for audio applications in car audio systems, home theatre systems, and professional audio systems. In this article, we’ll examine the features, circuit diagram, and explanation of the 80W power amplifier using the TDA7295 IC.
of 80W Power Amplifier TDA7295
The following circuit diagram illustrates the 80W power amplifier using the TDA7295 IC. It can easily be built with minimum components.
More Circuit Layouts
Project PCB of 80W Power Amplifier TDA7295
TDA7295 Pin Configuration
Features of the TDA7295 IC:
The TDA7295 is a versatile audio amplifier IC with various features that make it an ideal choice for a wide variety of audio applications. Here are some of the key features of the TDA7295 IC.
- High-quality output power: The TDA7295 is capable of delivering up to 80 watts of output power into a 4-Ohm speaker load, making it an excellent choice for high-quality audio applications.
- Wide operating voltage range: The IC has a wide operating voltage range of 6V to 40V, making it compatible with a wide variety of power supply circuits.
- Low distortion: The TDA7295 has low distortion characteristics, making it ideal for high-fidelity audio applications.
- Thermal protection: The IC incorporates thermal protection, which prevents the device from overheating.
- Short-circuit protection: The TDA7295 has built-in short-circuit protection, which protects the amplifier from damage in the event of a short circuit.
When designing the circuit, it’s essential to consider the thermal dissipation, PCB layout, and power supply voltage. The TDA7295 IC requires a well-dimensioned heatsink with direct contact to the PCB to dissipate the heat generated by the amplifier. The PCB layout should accommodate this fact by placing the IC as close as possible to the heatsink. The power supply voltage should not exceed 40V, as this is the upper limit for the IC.
Conclusion of 80W Power Amplifier TDA7295
In conclusion, the TDA7295 is an excellent choice for audio power amplifier applications. The 80W power amplifier using the TDA7295 IC is an efficient and reliable amplifier that delivers high-quality audio output. The IC’s unique features, such as wide operating voltage range, low distortion, and thermal and short-circuit protection, make it one of the best audio amplifier ICs available on the market. The design considerations for the circuit, such as thermal dissipation, PCB layout, and power supply voltage, should be taken into account to achieve optimal performance. With its versatility and ease of use, the amplifier using the TDA7295 IC is an excellent choice for audio enthusiasts looking to build high-quality audio systems.
More projects, You may like:
- Video Transmitter DIY Homemade FM Radio Transmitter
- Adjustable Power Supply DIY Battery Charger
- 12V-220V 500 Watt inverter DIY Homemade
- 12V-220V H-Bridge Inverter DIY Homemade
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller DIY Homemade
- 18650 battery bank free charge protection module
- D718 B688 Bass Amplifier Homemade DIY
- C5200 Bass Amplifier DIY Homemade with Volume
- DIY LA4440 bass amplifier homemade
- C5200 A1943 TDA2030 Amplifier DIY Homemade