Touch Dimmer is an electronic device that regulates the brightness of light or the speed of a fan by touching a specific area of the device. It has become popular with modern technology commonly used in homes and offices. The Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer using SLB0587 ic is a type of touch dimmer that uses the SLB0587 ic, which is a capacitive touch sensing IC. Touch dimmers using SLB0587 ic are affordable, easy to install, reliable, and efficient. They are widely used for various applications like in homes, offices, hotels, conference rooms, and retail shops.
The SLB0587 ic is a universal capacitive touch sensing IC that provides a variety of touch control functions. It uses an integrated excitation oscillator to detect capacitance changes due to touch input. With its high-sensitivity touch detection, the SLB0587 ic can operate without physical contact, allowing for touch controls that are both hygienic and low maintenance. Additionally, the chip operates without the need for external components, making it suitable for applications with size and cost constraints.
Touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic is a reliable and efficient device that reduces energy consumption, saves money, and lasts longer. It is a budget-friendly, energy-efficient device that is easy to install, making it popular among homeowners and businesses alike.
In this article, we will discuss the operating principle, construction, and advantages of touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic. Additionally, we will explore the various applications and benefits of using a touch dimmer system.
of Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer
This Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer can be designed using a few basic components. The circuit diagram of this project is shown below.
More Circuit Layouts
Touch Dimmer PCB Layout
In the circuit diagram, the series network R2-C4-D1 provides a direct voltage of 5V directly from the mains to power IC1. The IC is also in sync with the mains voltage via resistor Ry and capacitor C2. The actual phase gating is effected by triac Tri, whose gate is linked to pin 8 (QT) of IC1 via diode D2. The phase-locked loop (PLL) of the IC is synchronized with the mains frequency via capacitor C3 and resistor R3.
The touch sensor that enables a domestic light to be dimmed consists of three 4.7 MS2 resistors, R3-R5.
These high resistance values make touching the sensor harmless. The output of the sensor is applied to pin 5 (SEN) of IC1. Since in some cases it is handy to control the circuit with a push-button switch, this may be connected between S and La on connector K1.
The IC also has an input lexT, which is for use with the optional infra-red remote control that is based on IC2, a Type SFH506-36. This circuit picks up the signal from the sender and converts it into a control signal for IC via a network that comprises among others, T1 and R7. The operation of the dimmer is determined by jumper JP1. When this is left open, the dimmer will always start with the brightness with which it was switched off. Each time the dimmer is started, the direction in which it is controlled is reversed.
When the jumper is placed to connect pin 2 of IC1 to C3, the dimmer always starts at maximum brightness. When the jumper is placed in the position shown in the circuit diagram, the dimmer always starts at minimum brightness.
The dimmer is best built on the printed-circuit board shown, which may be made with the aid of the track layout given in the Appendix.
It cannot be emphasized too strongly to bear in mind that the circuit carries potentially lethal mains voltages. Only connect the dimmer to the mains when it has been completed and built into an insulated or plastic case. If the infra-red remote control is not used, IC2 and T1 and associated components, except R7, may be omitted.
R1 = 1.5 ΜΩ
R2 = 1 ks, 1 W
R3-R5 4.7 ΜΩ
R6 = = 120 kn, 0.5 W
R7, R8, R13 = 470 ΚΩ
R9 =100 ΚΩ
R11 = 47 Ω
R12 = 2.2 ΚΩ
C1 = 47 μF, 16 V, radial
C2 = 0.0068 μF
C2 Сз, С4 = 0.1 μF, 630 V
C5= 0.1 μF, 400 V
C6 = 220 μF, 25 V, radial
C7 = 0.01 μF
L1 = 30-50 mH, 3 A
D1 = zener 5.6 V, 400 mW
D2, D4 = 1N4148
D3 = 1N4001
D5 = BAT85
T1 = BC516
IC1 SLB0587 (Siemens)
IC2 = = SFH506-36
JP1 = 3-way jumper
K1 = 3-way connecting strip for board mounting, pitch 7.5 mm
F1 = fuse holder with 0.5 A (F) fuse
PC1 = PCB pin
Tri1 = BTA06-400BW or TIC206D or TAG226
PCB may be made with the aid of the track layout.
Operating Principle of Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer
The operating principle of touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic is based on the capacitance change principle, where the capacitance of a particular part of the circuit changes due to the introduction of a conductive object. In the touch dimmer system using the SLB0587 ic, two conducting elements are present, and a capacitive circuit is formed between them.
When a user touches the touchpad, the capacitance of the circuit changes due to the user’s conductive body, which is detected by the SLB0587 ic. The detected signal is then amplified and processed to generate the desired output.
The touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic uses a microcontroller that controls the signal processing and adjusts the output based on user preferences. The output can be either a PWM (pulse-width modulation) signal that controls the brightness of the light or a variable voltage signal that controls the fan’s speed.
Construction of Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer
The touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic consists of several components that work together to produce the desired output. The key components are:
• Capacitive Touchpad: It is the interface between the user and the touch dimmer system. It is constructed of a conductive material that allows the user to make contact with the circuit.
• SLB0587 ic: It is a universal capacitive touch sensing IC responsible for detecting the capacitance changes due to touch input.
• Microcontroller: It is a small computer on a single integrated circuit chip, which is responsible for controlling and processing the touch dimmer system’s signal.
• Power Supply: A power supply provides the necessary electrical power to the touch dimmer system to function optimally.
Advantages of Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer
The advantages of touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic are:
- The device ensures convenient and easy operation, offering users the ability to control dimming and speed at the slightest touch with minimal effort.
- It increases comfort in homes, offices, and retail spaces by enabling users to set the right mood, create a pleasant atmosphere, and control the lighting and fan speed output.
- It reduces energy consumption by controlling the level of light or fan speed to save energy and money.
- Its sleek and elegant design enhances the interior decor of homes and commercial spaces.
- It operates without physical contact, making it hygienic and low maintenance.
Applications of Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer
The touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic is ideal for a wide variety of applications. Some practical uses of the device include:
- Home Lighting: Users can control the brightness of their light according to their preferences.
- Fan Control: It is possible to adjust the fan’s speed by touching the touchpad.
- Office Lighting: It can be installed in offices, providing employees with the flexibility to adjust lighting levels to their liking.
- Conference Rooms: It is an excellent choice for conference rooms, providing the necessary light adjustments for presentations, meetings, or conferences.
In conclusion, the Remote Controlled Touch Dimmer using SLB0587 ic is a reliable and efficient device for controlling lighting and fan speeds. It has been widely used in homes, offices, retail spaces, and conference rooms worldwide. The operating principle of touch dimmer using SLB0587 ic is based on the capacitance change principle, which changes due to the physical touch input.
More projects, You may like:
- Video Transmitter DIY Homemade FM Radio Transmitter
- Adjustable Power Supply DIY Battery Charger
- 12V-220V 500 Watt inverter DIY Homemade
- 12V-220V H-Bridge Inverter DIY Homemade
- MPPT Solar Charge Controller DIY Homemade
- 18650 battery bank free charge protection module
- D718 B688 Bass Amplifier Homemade DIY
- C5200 Bass Amplifier DIY Homemade with Volume
- DIY LA4440 bass amplifier homemade
- C5200 A1943 TDA2030 Amplifier DIY Homemade